Students, parents and carers and school staff contributed to the establishment of our shared vision statement which will drive our school planning into the future.
Our school vision statement
"Engadine Public School promotes an inclusive environment that fosters confident, innovative, successful learners with high moral values. Excellent academic, creative physical and social programs empower each student to become an active, resilient and informed citizen in our rapidly changing world."
Our school logo and motto
Our school logo is based on the traditional symbol of the school - the waratah.
- The waratah is the floral emblem of NSW and also of our school.
- The waratah actually consists of many small flowers densely packed into one dome-shaped head, and is surrounded by a collar of large smooth bracts.
- Our school logo, designed by Year 6 student Cheyenne, makes use of these facts to symbolically represent our community.
The power of student voice
- The school is the foundation upon which we build community.
- The collar of smooth bracts represent our staff and our families who support us in our education.
- The many flowers of the waratah are shown as people, from the taller to the smaller, and show the nurturing manner in which our students support one another, from the seniors through to the juniors.
- Hands are joined, showing the sense of community we feel, together as one.
- Each student is reaching high, aiming for their personal best achievement.
- Students suggested and voted for our motto, "Believe, Achieve, Succeed."
As a school we focus on students believing in themselves, setting goals and achieving them so they may succeed in their lives by attaining their personal bests.